[Coco] Wefax CoCo Program - (WAS) Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sat Jan 24 19:06:41 EST 2004

Hi,

In case anyone is interested, Marty made available a disk of Wefax with
additions which I have (Source).

I actually received transmissions from Pt. Reyes and have saved the Wefax
screen pictures. Anyone want to look at them?

> As I recall (and I never used the software, though I did see examples of
> its output), you were supposed to open up the CoCo and adjust a trimming
> capacitor (which acted as fine adjustment on some aspect of the CoCo's
> timing) until the graphs came out square, which meant your CoCo's timing
> was according to spec.  The typical CoCo would be a little off unless
> adjusted.  This was supposed to be a one-time adjustment.  Dunno how well
> this worked.
>
> Art

There was a later program ($$$$$$) for the CoCo 3 which I never saw.

The one in the Rainbow used one of the joysticks to adjust the picture
     from:          to:
     XXXXX         XXXXX
      XXXXX        XXXXX
       XXXXX       XXXXX
        XXXXX      XXXXX
 (View using mono spaced font please).

It was not hard, the joystick was used as a bang bang controller, center to
receive, way right to adjust (or way left?).

> The one I ran was from the Rainbow article, but I've NDI (craft thing)
> what issue it was in now.  And yes, it used a radio transmission
> which may not even be being done today.  It would run I'd imagine if
> a src signal could be found.

>From the Source, look at the early 1984 and late 1983 Rainbows for the
article(s).

* FACSIMILE RECEIVE PROGRAM.   *