[Coco] Blue Coco

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 24 16:32:56 EST 2004

On Saturday 24 January 2004 14:19, Neil Morrison wrote:
> [...]

Oh, most are on the net ok, but the gps system to drive the tractor &
sat imaging controlling the irrigation seems to be haveing a very
slow penetration rate.  I have a nephew in western ny, dairy and
about 1600 acres plowed, another 1000 or more in pasture & timberland
that yields several hundred gallons of maple syrup a year and all the
rough construction lumber they need around the farm.  His most recent
purchase was a $25k baler because the market didn't like his ton-plus
round bales anymore and seemed to be getting more for the roughly
half ton square bales the new one makes.  His combine, a $150k toy,
is still driven by human hands, many many long hours a day in season.
In season, if the wheels aren't turning, you're in it working on
something cause its broke & downtime is money lost.

But I've been pushing the gps stuffs at him, and methane energy at him
too, hard enough for him to at least look at the breakeven point on
the methane powered generator, which in his case appears to be at
about 3x the around 50 cows he is now milking.  So he is reading the
Country Gentleman articles on that at least.

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,