[Coco] 8-Bit Microcomputers

Dezorian dezorian at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 23:50:12 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, arikboke at yahoo.com wrote:

> In other parts of the world, notable Japan, Korea, Brazil, Netherlands, France,
> Russia, etc., MSX machines were BIG.  But again, these were not available in
> the US :(

Actually, the MSX-1 had a limited release in North America.  A local (now
long-since defunct) computer shop carried them in a limited quantity in the
early 80's, and a friend of mine had one...

If I 'member correctly (and I probably don't, I was at most TEN years old), I
think it was Spectravideo who brought them here.

CJ

--
Personal webpage:
http://conceitedjerk.tripod.com