[Coco] Retrieve on feeble-minded disks

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Fri Jan 23 09:19:20 EST 2004

It could help, but retrieve handles 80 Track HD 5.25 drives ok.
You need to tell it that is what your doing.  Add the /8 option
on the command line.

/8           if using 80-track disks in a 1.2Mb drive

I still think the easiest method is to get a least one 3.5 floppy
drive on your coco and use 720k diskettes.  I never had a
problem with this method.

I got a old IBM compatible AT machine from Goodwill
it had a MFM 20 MB hard drive, a 720 3.5 floppy drive,
and a 5.25 40 Track floppy in it.  I also found a Tower
in the garbage, it had 80 MB hard drives and 3.5 floppy
CD ide drive.  Inside the CD drive was MS NT 4.0 Server
Pro CD disk.

John Collyer