[Coco] Copyright???

clifford redding clifford_redding2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 20:40:41 EST 2004

I'll go out on a limb here and play the devils advocate.
The CoCo is no longer commercially available. The software, magazine articles,
etc. are no longer for a viable machine. So would it be such a strech to say
that the software, mag articles, etc. no longer fall under the copyright act based
on the fact the machine is no longer available?

Clifford

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <bathory at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
At 04:55 PM 1/22/04 -0800, clifford redding wrote:
>The following is just a little excerpt from the following link. Seems the
>DMCA not only screws consumers, it screws everyone! Correct me if I'm
>reading this wrong, but it seems that the CoCo no longer has a copyright.

You're reading it wrong. It only exempts obsoleted software from the
*circumvention* provision.

Dennis