[Coco] Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Jan 22 13:28:47 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Thats sad, Art.  Thanks for the update.  I actually ran wefax a few
> times at the tv station back in the mid 80's, but my poor old pin
> pounder printer, and a lack of a sync detector in the software made
> it less than usefull for our weather people.  I suppose the output
> could have been saved, and a sync utility run over it to make it nice
> and square, but I didn't then know enough about programming the coco
> to do that.

As I recall (and I never used the software, though I did see examples of
its output), you were supposed to open up the CoCo and adjust a trimming
capacitor (which acted as fine adjustment on some aspect of the CoCo's
timing) until the graphs came out square, which meant your CoCo's timing
was according to spec.  The typical CoCo would be a little off unless
adjusted.  This was supposed to be a one-time adjustment.  Dunno how well
this worked.

Art