[Coco] 6309 question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 22 09:04:14 EST 2004

Torsten Dittel wrote:

> I guess this has been discussed a zillion times before, but...
>
> I wonder if this Japanese guy who first published the 6309's hidden
> features in English made this completely. What I understand is he only
> was remembering something he once read in a Japanese magazine. Has there
> ever been a complete translation of that article? Has there ever been
> any official document by Hitachi?
>
> Torsten

Hitachi has no mention of any of this in their manual with the 6309 data
sheets. The description I have,

"              A MEMO ON THE SECRET FEATURES OF 6309

       by Hirotsugu Kakugawa,  (kakugawa at csl.hiroshima-u.ac.jp)
       Computer Systems Lab., Information Engineering Course,
       Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima Univ., Japan",

seems to be the original college paper. I haven't a clue who translated
it from Japanese, author or someone else.