[Coco] Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Jan 22 00:38:50 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, ostro011 wrote:

> Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but I seem to recall that Marty Goodman
> was the author of Graphicom, or at least the seller.  Didn't he own
> Cheshire Cat Software, and didn't they sell Graphicom?  Anyone remember for
> sure?  It's quite possible I'm confused.
>
> -- Steve --

Marty, who was indeed Cheshire Cat Software, was the seller but not the
author.  It was written by Peter Ryan, a friend of Marty's who also wrote
the CoCo Wefax software, both of which Marty wrote about in
Rainbow.  Peter chose to remain anonymous and let Marty publicize and
distribute the software.  Unfortunately Peter, a brilliant fellow by
Marty's account whom I met briefly at the Palo Alto Rainbowfest, died a
few years ago from AIDS.  Graphicom was written in Forth, BTW, using a
CoCo version that was never marketed (though not written by Peter).

Art