[Coco] Re: Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Jan 20 00:15:35 EST 2004

At 11:47 PM 1/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>That said, there is one function that was removed from Windows XP: a 720K
>double density diskette cannot be formatted.  Existing disks are recognized
>for read/write.  But they removed the option to format them both from the
>GUI and the command line.

Which, in my very humble opinion, was an evil act.  Instead of killing a
person, he's breaking both of his legs and watching him crawl around.  But
you know, Gates has always slipped things in very slowly under most
people's radar of vision.  It might be 3 more years before he removes the
ability to write to the 720k DD disk, but might allow you to read them for
another 6.

Don't worry, it's nothing I'm concerned about, but it's still humorous to
watch the richest man on the planet have this kind of control.  All I can
say is, upgrade.   Ok, bad choice of words.  :)