[Coco] Looking for CoCo astronomy and space software.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jan 19 18:21:11 EST 2004

Alex

The only way to do planetarium style programs is to convert
Gregorian calendar date to Julian calendar. By using Julian dates
and scaling one can predict with some degree of certaincy the skies
as they appeared over say the Middle  East in 10,000 BCE. Or the
skies over New York city in 10,000 CE. In fact in 12,000 CE the star
Vega in the constellation Lyra will be the North Star. During the fall
in the early evening it is the brightest star in the northern skies.

james