[Coco] 6809 example

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Mon Jan 19 13:59:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:34:19 -0500
  Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>On Monday 19 January 2004 05:10, Theodore (Alex) Evans
>wrote:
>>While the discussion between myself and Mr. Gault may be
>> enlightening to member of the list as regards both
>>programming and
>> instructional philosophy, it has become obvious to be
>>that our
>> discussion has reached the point where it is much more
>>about our
>> philosophical differences than it is about any factual
>>differences
>> in assembly language programming on the CoCo.
>
>Hey, they make good reading too Theodore.  Why?  Because
>it broadens
>the view for others, showing that there may be in fact
>more than one
>road from point a to point b.
>
>The reader will no doubt make his own choice.

Gene, Theadore, and Robert:

As a newbie trying to learn, I appreciate the comments
initially made and the help provided.  I also understand
that discussioins can "evolve," especially between more
experienced users and while a lot of what is said does go
over my head, I do save the messages for later reference.

To keep the exchange of information flowing on this list,
may I suggest that when the discussion on a thread
originally started by a newbie or for the benefit of a
newbie, moves to more experienced topics, that the Subject
be modified somewhat to reflect that?  It's just a
suggestion :)

There is a lot of good information being posted to the
list, and while I can't speak for all the newbies, I do
get a little overwelmed trying to go through it all, and
this in turn leads to a little frustration because I am
speading more time time reading emails and less time
programming.

One question that did not get answered is, what is the
difference in starting EDTASM+ on a CoCo 3 compared to a
CoCo 2?  Also, has anyone out there ever used the 6809
trainer from CIE?

Thanks!

Jim