[Coco] 6809 example

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 19 09:53:38 EST 2004

Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:
> While the discussion between myself and Mr. Gault may be enlightening to
> member of the list as regards both programming and instructional
> philosophy, it has become obvious to be that our discussion has reached
> the point where it is much more about our philosophical differences than
> it is about any factual differences in assembly language programming on
> the CoCo.

More to the point, it would seem that no beginners but only long time
programmers have made contributions to the discussion. That negates the
purpose of the original posting which was, "How can beginners learn
assembly language programming?"

I've seen this happen before. A similar proposal will be made,
presumably by a willing learner. The only responses come from people
that don't need help. Then the subject dies until people forget where
the level of response is on the Coco newsgroup.

These newsgroups present an opportunity for interactive learning rather
than the professorial style. Beginners should make use of the
opportunity, as is being done by long time programmers in a thread on
6809 emulation on PCs and MACs