[Coco] Re: Disk Basic and 512 byte block floppies.

x0remery at dsbmail.itg.ti.com x0remery at dsbmail.itg.ti.com
Sun Jan 18 21:16:13 EST 2004

Is this basically what is done when you patch RSDOS to use 80 tracks of a floppy?
That does allow the full 720K access, one half at a time. I have a program (by
Colin Stearman) that patches RSDOS and most or all related commands to do this.

The limitation is the number of drives you can have files open on at the same
time,
unless you tell the program to relocate Basic's GAT table.

I've been thinking of writing a utility to easily transfer files from 35/40 track
floppies to 72 or 80 track floppies. If I made an 80 track RSDOS floppy,
does that mean WinXP could read it?

Bob