[Coco] Sort of On-topic: SETI at Home like distrubuted computing with a CoCo?

David Hazelton davehazelton at access-4-free.com
Thu Jan 15 22:30:41 EST 2004

jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:20:19 -0500
>  Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 15 January 2004 17:06, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be possible to do some sort of distributed
>>> computing project like SETI at Home with CoCo's?
>>>
>>> I don't mean using a CoC0 for SETI at Home, but how about
>>> some other program, like music generation or something
>>> like that?

> Gene:
>
> What I was suggesting was a program where each CoCo would generate a
> certain portion of music that can be played back on MIDI instruments.
> Sort of a free style CoCo compusition.
>
> Another program could be used to anylize radio signals. Just trying to
> think of a common project for us all.
>
> Jim

Yea, Let's Grid Coco's....Can we first network them!   If I remember
right on of the SCSI interfaces on the Coco could be set to any SCSI
address ID where it was possible to connect 1 drive to 6 CoCo's and if
one was to write drivers for each CoCo to be a SCSI device one might be
possible to share Ram Drives and/or data modules...maybe pipe data
between nodes.  Oh yea this would only work under OS-9.

Well, I haven't thought this though much, so feel free to "I have no clue"

~David Hazelton