[Coco] [OT] ChinaMart (Was: off-topic, space program)

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Jan 15 14:02:05 EST 2004

Neil

Europe, Japan and the US can't set factories up in China fast
enough. WIth over 170 million unemployed workers in China labor
is dirt cheap. $1.00 a day is about the going rate right now. Get one
person to make 300 widgets per day and your labor cost is 1/3 of a
cent per unit. Basically nonexistant.

>From what I have been told Motorola has already spent more than
10 billion dollars and maybe closer to 20 billion in facilities in China
over the last five to six years. Other US companies are leveraged
nearly that much also. They are tripping over themselves toget
setup and started.

james

On 15 Jan 2004 at 10:32, Neil Morrison wrote:

From:           	"Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at hotpop.com>
To:             	"CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts"
<coco at maltedmedia.com>
Subject:        	Re: [Coco] [OT] ChinaMart (Was: off-topic,