[Coco] Jingo - Jango - Mars

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 15 11:51:15 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 09:30, James C. Hrubik, Sr. wrote:
>On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 06:06  AM, <arikboke at yahoo.com>
wrote:
>> I've noticed a bit of the "jingoist" streak in some of these
>> posts. Somewhat
>> unworthy for people living in, arguably, the most advanced nation
>> in the world
>> in the year of our Lord, 2004.  Neither the Chinese nor anyone
>> else has TAKEN
>
>There's nothing wrong with looking at the world through clear
> lenses. I live in a country where I still have far more freedom and
> "goodies" than I could have anywhere else in the world.
>
>The plain fact is that no other country in the world - and that
>includes Canada and Mexico - will stand up for the rights of the
> people of the US of A.  We have to forget all this nonsense about
> everybody loving one another ( as nice as the concept is, and not
> saying we shouldn't personally try to exercise it ) as nations and
> protect our own turf.  If we go to Mars, it will be to exercise our
> technology to keep us free, not to do some stunt.
>
>The only reason why we haven't gone to Mars and beyond sooner is
> that our priorities have been on trying to produce some sort of
> Heaven on Earth.  Once we recognize that won't happen, we can make
> progress.  If we had scrapped half of our social programs and
> poured the funds into space exploration, we'd be leaps and bounds
> ahead now.  Call me a jingoist, but I love my country, warts and
> all, and I see nothing wrong with promoting the well-being of my
> fellow citizens by making tech jobs available over the well-being
> of somebody in some other country.  Help the furriners, yes.  Let
> them mess up my homeland, no.

Amen Jim, well said.

>And to make this on-topic, let's suggest to NASA that a COCO be
> placed on Mars as a memorial to Earth technology!  < G >

Now theres a thought.  I've been told that for a while at least, the
shuttle computers were 6809 machines running os9.  Can anyone
confirm/deny that?

>Warning : Following script is Politically Incorrect
>================================
>Akron, OH - The Northern Capital of West Virginia
>There are no Hill Billies in Akron OH...
>they now go by William.
> From the sayings of Grampa Jim, Copyright 2004.
>Unauthorized use of my stuff may cause senility.

Izzat whats doin it.  I knew that had to be a good reason. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,