[Coco] off-topic, space program

arikboke at yahoo.com arikboke at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 06:20:15 EST 2004

I've noticed a bit of the "jingoist" streak in some of these posts.  It's
uncomfortable to think that they come from those living in, arguably, the most
advanced nation in the world, in the Year of Our Lord, 2004.  Neither the
Chinese nor anyone else has TAKEN anything from us, jobs or otherwise.  No one
has placed guns to the heads of American (or other) companies to go to China
(or elsewhere) to set up shop.  They did that on their own.  As far as the
Japanese buying up everything, I think that should belong back in the 80s,
before their bubble burst (and even then, we were doing a better job of it than
they were).  In case noone noticed, Coca-cola, McDonalds, Levis and (shudder)
Microsoft have penetrated every filthy crevice known to man.  The product may
state "Made in China" but they're owned by US (and other) companies.

--David