[Coco] Re: off-topic, space program

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 15 03:03:30 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 01:07, Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:
>On Jan 14, 2004, at 2:05 PM, <jimcox at miba51.com> wrote:
>> Who on this list is interested in CoCo based astronomy programs
>> and/or is working on SETI at Home.  I know Gene is, but I am
>> wondering if we could form out onw SETE at Home team.
>
>There currently is an OS9 seti at home team, but IIRC there are only 4
>people on it and two of them haven't returned results in over a
> year. I'm not Gene, but I am fast approaching the 2000 data set
> milestone.

Hey, congrates Theodore.  I passed the 5000 unit mile marker last
fall, and was at one time in 99.27% ranking, but when I shut them
down while I was in Colorado for 2 months, I lost some ground I'll
never gain back without throwing some more hor$epower at it.  Faster
machines than this one are and have been working at the 25-35 units a
day range for a fair amount of time now.  So I'm someplace in the
37,000th place out of over 4 million.

In case anyone is interested, a fellow West Virginian is in the top
20!  Luke Mester, has something to do with the Brooke County Schools,
and has the whole town plus a couple of racks of bare motherboards
all working on seti.  One of his "Hillbilly Super Computers" is a
square frame made of 2x2's, with 11 motherboards mounted in it.  Old
slow baords, but when you add them up, he has crunched 695,571 units
as of tonight.  We're just wannabees. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,