[Coco] Re: off-topic, space program

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 21:17:09 EST 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 19:23, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>Jim
[...]
>My slow K6-2 450MHz peeeceee is running Set at home screen
>saver. Takes about 130 hrs to process a block. But better than
>nothing.
>
>james

Huh?  My 500Mhz K6-iii is doing one in about 18 hours.  And this
machine is doing about 4.25 units a day.  Old slow Athlon...

Oh, I get it, thats a windows box and it only runs as a screensaver.
Here, its 24/7/365 as a background task at nice=20.  Running linux.
No gui in it, but I do have an independant gui snooper program that
can monitor it and show me results when I get curious.  Its called
ksetipsy-5.2.

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,