[Coco] Re: 64K Mode

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Wed Jan 14 00:44:25 EST 2004

On Jan 13, 2004, at 6:35 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> What ever.
>
> Correct I shorted the upper range 16 bytes. $FFF0 is the start of
> I/O. The Ram is switched in two banks and are located between
> $0000 and $7FFF when memory map type 0 is selected.

16/256 what's the difference.  $FDFF/$FEFF, $FF00/$FFF0 who really
cares.

The human eye can sometimes perceive a flicker in an image updated at
greater than  >60Hz, but the only flicker rate that matters is less
than 15Hz.  The differences don't matter at all.

> The HD63x09 has vector for illegal opcode trap at $FFF0 and
> $FFF1. The MC68x09 does not.

That would probably be the reason I said "the 6309 unimplemented
instruction at $FFF0"

None of this has ever been a personal attack, no matter what it felt
like to you.  Heck, on the address thing I wasn't going to say anything
figuring you had made a typo, but you kept repeating the same
inconsistent figures.