[Coco] Re: 64K Mode

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Jan 13 21:53:48 EST 2004

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> John
>
> According to the diagram that I have in the 1983 databook it shows
> that the ram in memeory map type 0 as two pages of ram at $0000
> to $7FFF. Unless this is inerror then that is what I am basing mt
> posts on.

> Rom seems to remain constant in memory Map type 0 In memory
> map type 1 the ROMs are wswitched out and ram is mapped from
> $0000 to $FDFF.

We are basically saying the same thing.

You have a choice of 64K Dynamic RAM, or upper 32K ROM/static RAM and
either the upper or lower 32 K of the 64K Dynamic RAM in the lower.

The 32K segment where the ROMs normally reside could also have static
RAM in it.

It should be possible to run a second copy of BASIC in the other 32K
with an interrupt or other means to switch between them.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only