[Coco] dskini.exe problems

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Jan 13 20:27:30 EST 2004

>CAN ONE READ AND WRITE OS-9 FORMAT DISKS ON PC ?
>Yes, there is product called OS9MAX available which is capable of
managing
>OS-9 media such as diskettes, hard disks, pcmcia memory chipcards, pc
cards,
>CD-ROMS, and other OS-9 style disks. This software lets you read, write,
and
>format OS-9 disks on PC.
>
>http://home.t-online.de/home/dtr-kiel/os9maxfq.htm
>
>This product has been around for sometime and the newest version runs on
all
>Windows versions.  Although it'll cost you, but you'll get a reliable
way to
>move coco disks between Windows and your Color Computer.  If you want to
>move them reliably between Windows 9x/Me/MSDOS for free then use
>Retrieve/Dskini.  If someone wants to make a Windows XP/NT driver for a
CoCo
>File System and share it with us all.  That would be great!
>
>John Collyer

 I checked out that site. I would assume that the site is talking about
OS-9 68K or OSK. Do you really think this OS9MAX program would be able to
read/write an OS-9 Level I or Level II disk from a Coco? There are some
differences in the file structure, am I right?

Fred Provoncha
Salt Lake City, UT