[Coco] gcc m6809 update

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Jan 13 09:07:18 EST 2004

Theodore

Be carefull,  HC11 and 6809 source code are not 100% compatible. HC11
assembly source has instructions that are not backward compatible to the
6809 source.

ex: IDIV and FDIV have no 6809 equivalent. ALso in the 68HC11 are
BRSET and BRCLR instructions. Also the INC/DEC on index registers
(INX,INY,INS, DEX, DEY,DES) have no direct equivalence.They must be
done with post or pre increment/decrement.

You will have to go through the HC11 code and identify source instructions
that are not identical and change before assembly. Be careful and be
warned.

james