[Coco] The silient night

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 10 16:06:59 EST 2004

From: "Roger Taylor" <rtaylor at bayou.com>

>> It's been calm down here in LA, and no sign of bad weather yet.
>> I want some snow!
>
>I'm on about the same latitude as you. But not the same attitude. I
> like warm weather.  Saw snow once, didn't like it.

I used to like it. Even saw -39 on the thermometer about 5 one morning
in Rapid City many years ago.  The only thing that started that
morning was my hunting pickup.  It was full of 50 weight reclaimed
oil.  It got shoved out of the way, and once it was running, I
listened to rods for about 10 minutes.  Obviously it didn't see more
than 800 rpm till the oil guage started to register.  I also pushed a
frozen front wheel for about the first mile.

I needed to get a tv transmitter on the air. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,