[Coco] Re: X-PAD question

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Thu Jan 8 11:57:30 EST 2004

> I try to get what I do have together in one place.

Great. Thanks.

> > I'd like to patch my CoCo Max II to work with
> > the X-PAD. Has anybody done this before?
> A worthy project, Let me know how it goes.

Patching CoCoMax2's joystick driver is not difficult, I made this before
(I made a version of CoCoMax2 which worked with normal joystick (just
multiplying the x-value by 4, the y-value by 3, somewhat too coarse to
paint) and a special mode using the second button of the deluxe joystick
to select the coarse mode, and if released, allowed to paint in a 64x64
pixel fine window around the current position (after some practice you
could work with that, later I even patched a CoCoMax3 to work that
way...)

The biggest problem will be to remember all this because it's about 2
decades ago... ;-)))

Torsten