[Coco] Re: Mocha [was: Re: Any reason to put a 6309 in a Coco2?]

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 10:06:03 EST 2004

Torsten Dittel wrote:

> Hi Brad,
> this is just a minor one: For some reason the little white arrow showing
> the sorting direction in the "Description" column of the the "DISK" tab
> is missing. Not important but as I know that you like things perfect...
> :-)

I'll look into it.

> Torsten
>
> PS: I just had another strange idea: I wonder if it is possible to save
> the mocha settings in  a cookie. You could pass them to the applet as
> parameters... To be honest, I never took care how this cookie stuff
> worked, but if other sites (like ebay) can store their settings in my
> cookies, why shoudn't the Mocha site as well... In my imagination this
> wouldn't even need the signed applet, just some html programming.

Ah, you've hit on something I've been thinking about. Unfortunately, I
don't control the web server so I don't think I can use cookies (am I
mistaken - I'm not too familiar with cookies). My ISP does provide a
"Guestbook" function for its users. I was thinking it would be cool to
save things like preferences as serialized binary objects converted to
strings and added to the guestbook via an HTML post - maybe even a
shared floppy where people could save programs. Crazy.

Brad