[Coco] Coco 4

clifford redding clifford_redding2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 19:34:57 EST 2004

Neil,
Chris Burke of Burke & Burke used an 8 bit ISA adapter for his hard drive package.
Maybe he can dig up the schematics???

Clifford

peak at mail.polarcomm.com wrote:
Neil
The memory of an ISA card would be decoded using coco's CTS
line and the I/O using coco's SCS line. If you really want an
ISA card adapter for the coco I will see if I can design one
at least as far as a schematic diagram. Warning* I wont even
attempt using DMA though**. The hardware part of an ISA card
adapter for 8-bit ISA cards that dont use DMA should not be a
problem. I have been wanting to do this anyway.
Note: Many ISA cards need a 14.318Mhz signal.
The coco1 and coco2 have this frequency but coco3 does not.
Eric