[Coco] Coco 4

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Jan 6 17:15:57 EST 2004

The 68x09 with internal clock is better suited for DMA operations.
With the "E" versions you have to use a psuedo DMA.

The internal clock chip has a DMA pin when taken low suspends the
processor for 32 cycles. It checks every 32 clock cycles to see if
DMA is through. On the "E" You have to use the halt or do a cycle
stealing method. You have to treat teh DMA controller as a
coprocessor shareing the busses.

james