[Coco] Re: Test

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Tue Jan 6 01:55:11 EST 2004

Richard:

Given this new list, I think the chance of a flame war
erupting over this idea would be a lot less than in the
past.

The one thing to keep in mind is there there are new
harware projects in the pipe, so if you were to do an
emulator version of a possible CoCo-4, you may want to
emulate those hardware projects too.

An emulator version of a CoCo-4 may be one way of flushing
things out before proceeding with any wardware project. I
don't know if it is possible, but maybe someone could take
the open source 6809 VHDL code and incorporate into the
emulator so it can be tweaked.  Once that is done, then a
6309 version can be created and from there, a new CPU
could be developed.  I guess I am suggesting more of a CPU
emulator than a CoCo-4 emulator, but it could be one
approach to the idea.

Jim