[Coco] T-Shirts and some Software!

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Jan 31 19:49:52 EST 2004

While digging through some more "stuff" today, I ran across some new
CoCo disks. Two are games from Strongware -- "GEM" and "SovietBloc". The
most interesting one is from Chris Dekker entitled "VDISK". This is a
utility that lets you connect a CoCo3 and PC together (I forget how -- I
don't think it's the bit-banger but may be) and lets the CoCo3 access
the PC as a virtual hard drive. The hardware info is in a file on the
disk. I don't recall if it's OS-9 or DECB, but I suspect OS-9.

Finally, I have a set of disks from Earl Casper. One has a program
called PRT-SER that changes a PIA line from input to output so that DECB
applications can send printer output to another computer running a
terminal program (for use as a buffer or serial/parallel converter), and
a program called SIMPLE that sends and receives disk sectors over the
bit-banger at 300K baud (actually 298,000). There are also two 3.5"
disks with files that allow an Amiga computer to be used as a file
handler for a CoCo. The Amiga treats CoCo virtual disks as files, the
CoCo thinks they are individual 35 track disks. It's an assembly and C
coded program, and has the source code on the disks. Full printed docs
on these, some BASIC listings and some assembler source code! There is
an Amiga and CoCo disk.

Then I have the three large CoCoFest T-shirts (new, 95 Atlanta, 94 and
95 Chicago). All I'd like to have is $10 to pack and ship all this to
someone!

Pass this along to other lists or interested parties. First one to drop
me an e-mail saying a checks on the way gets it!

--
Frank Swygert -- Gulfport, MS
Publisher, "American Independent Magazine" (AIM)