[Coco] Ham Radio SST and WEFAX

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Jan 25 03:35:13 EST 2004

Hi,

I have several of the early HAM radio programs by Clay Abrams for SST,
WEFAX, Morse code to text and ... The reason I got a CoCo 2, but never did
anything  with it.

It predated the CoCo 3 so a higher resolution display board was required for
the CoCo 2 (Never built, may have parts, better to recode for CC3).

I also have Ham Radio magazines listing a ton of programs for the CoCo, the
CoCo was prime for Hams those years. (I do not have the programs)

Clay Abrams was hell on a jet plane, he said at one meeting that he had just
received "FLEX" and had disassembled, recoded it to be much smaller, faster
and would now do so much more. You would think that he was blowing steam,
but he kept showing up with new hardware that worked and demonstrated that
he had done what he said he had done.