[Coco] RETRIEVE utility...

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Jan 23 05:41:44 EST 2004

Hi,

I was playing around with RETRIEVE on some unreadable disks and was
analyzing its behaviour. It looks like after a read error it isn't
trying to seek to track 0 and position the head to the damaged track
again. But I guess this could help with some tracking problems. I wonder
if it's possible to execute a "Read Track" command which would read the
whole track. A software could analyze that data and try to extract the
logical information from that (I made that on the CoCo).

Any comments?

Torsten