[Coco] Copyright???

clifford redding clifford_redding2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 19:55:21 EST 2004

The following is just a little excerpt from the following link.
Seems the DMCA not only screws consumers, it screws everyone!

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but it seems that the CoCo no longer has
a copyright. Nor the programs that were written for it.

/excerpt
Source  http://www.copyright.gov/1201/
On October 28, 2003, the Librarian of Congress, on the recommendation of the
Register of Copyrights, announced the classes of works subject to the
exemption from the prohibition against circumvention of technological
measures that control access to copyrighted works. The four classes of works
exempted are:
3. Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become
obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of
access. A format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or system
necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer
manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial
marketplace
These exemptions will remain in effect through October 27, 2006.

/endecerpt

Clifford