[Coco] 64K Mode

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Tue Jan 13 11:55:16 EST 2004

If I put a coco2 into 64k mode and then build and display a screen
somewhere above memory location 0x8000, what would happen if I switched
back out to 32k ram as the screen was being displayed? Would I see
garbage on the screen or would the image persist?

The reason I ask is I'm working with a game that puts the intro screens
in high memory and then rapidly switches out and back in to 64k mode
while waiting for user input. I'm not sure if the game is synchronizing
the bank switch with the display somehow or if the screen simply
persists from 'high' ram perhaps until a new screen mode or offset is
defined.

Brad