[Coco] Eliminator Multi-I/O Card on eBay

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Jan 13 01:34:11 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I've ever sold anything on eBay, so we'll see how
it goes. I am currently selling an Eliminator Multi-I/O Card on eBay.
This is a card that was made & sold by Frank Hogg Laboratories in the
late-'80's for the Color Computer 3. It is a card that contains on it 2
RS-232 ports, a parallel printer port, a real-time clock, an EPROM
socket, and an adapter that allows you to hook up a Western Digital
1002-05 hard/floppy drive controller to the Coco3.

Also in the package are three 5 1/4" disks that contain OS-9 drivers and
other OS-9 software that help configure your OS-9 system to use the
Eliminator and hard drive. Once fully configured you can auto-boot OS-9
from a hard drive without the need of a floppy drive or controller at
all.

Manuals are also included, as well as a set of schematics of the
Eliminiator card.

The item is in near-mint condition. I tried a couple of times to hook it
up to my Coco, but since I was never able to obtain the Western Digital
controller it was meant to work with, I never did set it up successfully.
Currently I'm using a TC^3 hard disk controller from Cloud-9 and a
Seagate hard drive with my Coco, so I now have no need of the Eliminator.

The auction ends Jan-19-04 22:02:24 PST.

Here is the link to the eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2780416251

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Fred Provoncha
Salt Lake City, UT
elderpav at juno.com or
elderpav at yahoo.com