[Coco] dskini.exe problems

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Jan 12 22:55:27 EST 2004

All,

I've setup a WinXP PC for work purposes.  In an effort to try to
consolidate the number of computers I have to maintain, I'm trying to
move my CoCo disk writing tasks from the Linux box (which has been
replaced by a Mac OS X system doing server tasks) to the PC.

I'm using a Shuttle motherboard running the latest Windows XP.  In a
Command Prompt window, any DSKINI command just sits there trying to
write the first sector of the virtual disk to drive A: (a 1.44MB
floppy).  The BIOS is set up properly, and I can read FAT16 diskettes,
so I'm wondering, does DSKINI.EXE have compatibility issues with some
of these floppy controllers built into these condensed Super I/O chips?

I would sure like to get this to work.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Boisy