[Coco] Help: Magnavox 1CM135 Monitor

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Feb 29 12:31:25 EST 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 11:21 am, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> I have a Magnavox 1CM135 RGB/Composite Monitor - this thing was
> working great, then all of a sudden stopped.  Now there is no
> picture.  Just a constant, high pitch squeal when you apply power.
>
> Can any of you Monitor guys (Gene Heskett?) provide some insight as
> to what possibly may be wrong?  I don't have much expertise on
> diagnosing monitors, and before I pitch it to the curb, I want to
> make sure it isn't something simple or easy to fix.

Last time that happened to me, it was the flyback transformer that'd
gone tits up.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

"And I don't like the idea of going _anywhere_ near the gods.  We're
like toys to them, you know."  _And they don't realise how easily the
arms and legs come off_, he added to himself.
                                Terry Pratchet, _The Last Hero_