[Coco] (OT)Me, too, also, ...

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 13:15:10 EST 2004

smostrom at mn.rr.com wrote:

> [...]
I envy those of you who can get all kinds of hits with Google.  Guess I
don't have the magic touch for the proper word selections.  I just
finished reading a book about the 1883 eruption of Krakatau (Krakatoa)
in Indonesia.  The book had very specific and detailed written
descriptions of geographical locations such as towns and islands but no
decent maps or charts.  I searched Google under  both name variations
and under Sunda Strait, where it is located.  First, there were no maps
of the area except for a detailed map of the island before and after the
eruption.  Second, just about all the written material was at a level of
a grade 6 or 7 composition research.  Not very encouraging when you
consider this was the greatest natural  disaster in recorded history,
and it was well recorded, verbally, at least.  I don't go to Google
often, but when I do, it usually winds up like that.   BTW - I have 2
atlas' weighing a total of about 20 pounds and they were of no help either.

Griz