[Coco] Me, too, also, ...

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 12:53:46 EST 2004

Dave Poitras wrote:

>OK Roger,
>
>I placed my order with PayPal.  Just wondering what issues you folks are
>talking about.  I have been using it for years without  a problem.  You can
>email me in private if you wish.
>
>dave at cococentral.org
>
>Many Thanks to Roger and EVERYONE for helping to keep our favorite computer
>alive and well!
>
>Dave

Dave,  In case you missed my reply to Steve Ostrom a while back, I have
2 reasons why I mistrust PayPal, neither of which is really conclusive:

1.  I have a native Yankee's distrust (you don't?  what are you , a
carpetbagger?) of any group who try to ferret out my bank account
numbers.  I feel that any and all transactions should be capable of
being handled via a credit card. (pretty inconsistant for a Yankee,
huh?)  Never trust a business that refuses to trust you.

2.  My Visa account was hit for 400 DeustchMarks(sp?) because of either
PayPal or Yahoo auction.  I felt I was lucky that the timing was such
that I could catch it early before any more damage was done.  Following
an investigation and the righting of my new account, Visa notified me of
the fact and said that the offending company had to absorb the loss
because of "poor security".  They refused to tell me which one it was,
however, so I just simply refuse to do business with either again.  I
have reached an age where I want to sit back and not have to fight the
battles I loved when I was young.

Cheers,  Griz