[Coco] Re: Puppo XT Keyboard Adapter

Richard Batt dickbatt at buffalo.com
Sat Feb 21 15:40:23 EST 2004

Hi Paul:

I have the Puppo Keyboard adapter and the manual. However, while
you can change whether the OS-9 or RsDos modes are operable, the
only way to get "no menu" was to order it with a custom prom.
Mine came this way and the eprom says "no menu" on a sticker on it.
It started up in OS-9 mode.

Unfortunately, I wanted it to start up in RsDos mode. I ended up
disassembling the eprom and burning a new one. While I was at it I
changed many of the keyboard macros.

Since my eprom never came up with the menu it wasn't obvious to
me where the menu part fit in.

I still have the docs, disassembly, a partial schematic and my
customize program used to burn my new eprom, but they're all on
paper and would have to be scanned in before being sent. About
30 pages including disassembly. I could send (upload) this but
it would take a few days till I got around to scanning the stuff in.
Get back to me if you're interested.

Dick Batt