[Coco] Adventure Survivors

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Feb 20 02:33:42 EST 2004

>From: KnudsenMJ at aol.com
>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:30:52 EST

>In a message dated 2/19/04 8:06:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>wdg3rd at comcast.net writes:
>
>> Nothing obscure about it.  There was the AUDIO command in BASIC, and as
>>  I recall a documented (by Radio Shack) call to the ROM function.
>
>OK, I didn't mean it wasn't documented, but just that someone might
>wonder what use it would be.  ISTR it was cited as a way to find
>programs and data on your cassette player without having to unplug
>the cable to the Coco.

As it happens, I hooked a tape recorder up to my CoCo today, to see if
I could transfer some stuff from tape to disk.  Right now my CoCo is
playing Kraftwerk's "Showroom Dummies" through the monitor.

That's one trick you can't do with a disk drive!

I was pleasantly surprised -- all my old tapes seem to still be good,
and I was able to copy a couple of old tapes I recently (after the
last time I had a tape player hooked up, in other words..) got.

My "new" tapes, in case anyone cares, were Color Compac and an X-Pad
demo.

I still haven't been able to load all the programs from Rainbow Second
Book of Adventures, though. :-(  That's the only tape that ever gave
me serious trouble.

>--Mike K.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
"Even the greatest stars change themselves in the looking glass."
-- Kraftwerk