[Coco] Interbank Incident

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:38:27 EST 2004

Donald Cathcart wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone finished this game? I think I got about 1/2 way
thru the game.

I actually got to the end of the adventure a couple of times, one time I was
lacking a critical piece of item in the inventory and the other there was
some missing info on the decoding disk one had to port information to, a
somewhat involved and rather difficult operation earlier in the game. I say
I got to the end of the adventure as I was in a room with all the bad guys,
as to state "game completion" I can not claim to as I could not catch the
bad guys (with a rope) or  take control of the satellite (disk). And, from
what's seen in the final room, the Marcia character (the one that hired you)
was in there!.

When I got the SSPAK the game took a nice turn as there were extra sounds
and spoken text while playing, an impressing feat on pre pentium days, it
says a lot in favor of the CoCo and OS9!. One thing that I tried to do
without success was to run the game in a CoCo 3 under OS9 Level II, I was
looking for the extra speed, though I assume that the game - if used in a
hard disk environment - would be much better to play than from floppy.

I remember that I ported the game from the original single sided 35 track
stock disks to two double sided 40 track floppies and used the game with a
6ms stepping rate on my CoCo 1 with a customized setup under OS9L1, it  made
the game more enjoyable and less slow.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-