[Coco] Some CoCo ideas to ponder...

Bob Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 10:44:07 EST 2004

--- Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2004 06:33, Bob Emery wrote:
> >
> >Next question... I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder if the CoCo
> > can play MP3s. [snip]

> The decodeing horsepower required for an mp3 would probably render
> that to be a 2 step process ...[snip]
>
> Besides, sonicly, ogg beats mp3 in any same data rate listening test
[snip]

Okay... format isn't really important. I have a 5+ minute song squeezed
down to a 1073 Kbyte mp3. It sounds pretty decent coming from that tiny
little phone. Can CoCo do OGG?

Another thought, probably directed mostly at Mark M. How about an MP3
cartridge (MP3 decoder chip) for the CoCo (addon for the superboard?)
Transfer files via USB to the CoCo's HD (or flash memory), add a GUI
CoCo interface to control playback. Eh? I guess a decoder chip is
within reason, no?

Bob