[Coco] Thanks for the Princeton Bit.Listserv.CoCo Mail List. DRAFT

David dbree at duo-county.com
Tue Feb 3 16:41:48 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:05:45PM -0500, Aaron Banerjee wrote:

>  Suppose someone digs
> out a Coco out of their closet and wants to find other coconuts, it would
> be nice that they could basically pick up any old reference and find us.
>    For those who do have great spam filters (mine doesn't work very well);

What kind of mail system are you using?  I see from your header that you
are using Suse Linux?  There are some very efficient spam handlers for
Linux.  I don't use one at this time.  My ISP filters mails and does a
well enough job that I don't bother.

> maybe if anyone would volunteer to sort of monitor the Princeton list --
> should a real Coco owner actually try to use it ... and redirect them
> here.

I believe that Dennis is - or was - doing just that.  I think he
periodically posts a message with information on how to contact this
list.

>    I like the idea of just letting the Princeton list be.  Just my 2 cents
> worth.

FWIW, I agree.  We've abandoned the list, so it shouldn't be any problem
to us what goes on there, but I feel that anyone wishing to continue
there should do so if he wishes.