[Coco] RAM disks for the Nocan board, Collyer Vavasour, and MESS systems

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 3 11:04:25 EST 2004

I am in the process of writing a new version of the OS-9 program Rammer
to access the extra memory above 2Megs for Paul T. Barton's Nocan boards
and for the MESS and Collyer/Vavasour emulators.

The versions for Paul's boards are not ready for distribution but I have
working versions for MESS and the Collyer emulators. These new RAM disks
do not us any OS-9 memory for the RAM disk and very little memory for
the driver/descriptor. The MESS RAM disk is 6Megs and the Collyer RAM
disk is 14Megs.

The size of the RAM disk is controlled by the descriptor. So it is
trivial to alter the number of cylinders with dmode or dEd.

If there is any interest in this new Rammer, let me know. I'm not sure
of the best method of distribution or interest level.