[Coco] Nitros9 & Mess

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 2 20:21:11 EST 2004

John Collyer wrote:
><snip>
> PORT.EXE does not create disk images. It uses ones that have been already
> created.
>
 ><snip>

Actually PORT.EXE can create a .dsk image. I know because I just did it
as a test. Unfortunately it does not create a complete .dsk image but
writes to it as needed.

If you enter a non-existant .dsk name, the program will ask if you want
the image created. If you say Yes, a 0 byte .dsk image will be created.
As you transfer files from the PC directory to the .dsk image, the size
of the image will grow.

As such this is not useful to all emulators, specially MESS which wants
to see exact multiples of a standard Tandy Coco disk.