[Coco] Nitros9 & Mess

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Mon Feb 2 17:58:00 EST 2004

John Collyer wrote:

>[snip]
>I think the confusion that your suffering from is your attemp to create some
>kind of standard that was never used. I'm wondering why you just didn't
>implement this standard as the standard you would use for your MESS
>program.

Tim and I made these design decisions based on advice from Jeff.  You
can read the thread here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&th=ddd72c5e74629555&seekm=Y%25TJ7.48312%24Ud.2359177%40news1.rdc1.bc.home.com#link3

(if that URL proves unwieldy, there is a link to the thread off of
http://home.netcom.com/~tlindner/JVC.html)

However, at the time I have never seen disk images that did not have
modulo 256 lengths.  All disk images I had access to were created via
RETRIEVE.EXE and were thus "fully formed."  I was not aware at the time
that Jeff's emulator tolerated non-modulo 256 byte lengths, but since
such images seem to violate Jeff's own advice, what is one to do?