[Coco] Any problem with connecting 2 floppies to one power supply?

David dbree at duo-county.com
Mon Feb 2 10:59:22 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 08:00:33PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> John, that would depend on whether you are running the stock coco
> drive cabling and rsbasic only, or useing a full cable set and os9.
> Os9 startes all drive motors at the same time whereas the shacks
> lashup with the missing teeth cabling only ran the motors in the
> drive being accessed.

Also, I'd like to note that on some drives, at least, there's a jumper
that determines whether all drive motors turn on at motoron.  On my
initial setup, this jumper was not set, and I'd experience file errors
on large dsaves.  The driver assumed that the second motor was already
up and didn't give the drive time to spin up.

Incidentally, I had trouble with disk saves under Autoterm, an old
RS-Dos terminal program.  That was before I found the jumper error - I'd
bet now that Autoterm made this assumption, also, and that was the cause
of these errors.