[Coco] Any problem with connecting 2 floppies to one power supply?

Bruce Calkins bcalkins at disaster-relief.net
Sun Feb 1 19:22:41 EST 2004

For Tandy-Radio Shack vertical cases, yes you can add a power splitter or Y.
For FD-501 & 502 cases you need a fan to cool the voltage regulators, The
second connector is already there. (the FD-500 is reported to be able to
handle the second without adding a fan.)  Other makes of floppy drive cases
leave the question of power supply capacity.  I have added a second power
cable to several vertical cases with no problems whatsoever.  Just be sure
you match the correct wire to the appropriate voltage trace on the power
supply board.

Bruce W.