[Coco] [Color Computer] DK emulator and real floppies

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 8 17:50:54 EST 2004

sadolph wrote:
> Hello list-
>
> I've tried to read on my own how to use real floppies in David Keil's
> emulator, but I still don't get it.  How do I set up this emulator to
> read/write real floppies?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> steve

I'll try to explain this even though I don't use the emulator.

The emulator normally read virtual disks. There are some special .dsk
files that come with the emulator. When these are mounted into the
emulator "disk drives", the emulator will actually read/write to a
hardware drive. Chances are you will want FDD0_360.DSK, but many more
types are in your emulator package.

Mount the above file and see if you can read drive a:\. Let us know what
happens.